Anthem Blue Cross Resources For Wildfire Victims
We’re taking steps to help our members impacted by the wild fires throughout California during the month of October. If you’re affected and live in Napa, Sonoma, Yuba, Butte, Lake, Mendocino, Nevada or Orange County, here’s what you should know:
- If you’re on an Anthem prescription drug plan you can refill lost or damaged prescriptions at any pharmacy now.
- If you use a mail order pharmacy you can update your address information by calling Member Services.
- Time limits for prior authorization, pre-certification or referral requirements will be relaxed — there will be no late penalties.
- You can get replacement medical equipment (also called Durable Medical Equipment or DME) if yours was lost or damaged.
- You and your doctors are being given more time to file claims, if needed.
This relaxed guideline is effective from October 9, 2017 through October 30, 2017. It applies to members with Anthem group health plans, individual and family plans, Medicare, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Part D plans. It does not apply to Federal Employees Health Benefits Program members. These programs have specific guidelines.
If you need additional support, call the Member Services number on your ID card or select Customer Support on this website.