Operating an allied health center – whether it’s an urgent care facility that eases the pain of a sick child or an after-hours imaging center performing an MRI on a weekend warrior that went too far– you take pride in providing a necessary service that, in the great majority of cases, means someone is on the road to feeling better. But you are also aware there are as many opportunities for the tables to be turned and for the health of your business to be compromised by negligence or legal action.
There’s no getting around the fact that your business is constantly at legal risk and you run into new factors every day. Did your X-ray technician provide the right protection to that last patient? Or did your front office staff leave their computer and let an unauthorized individual see a patient’s file? To protect your business from these and other risks, you need a comprehensive business insurance plan delivered by a broker that really knows your industry.
Some Risks Affecting Allied Health Care Providers Include:
- Ever-changing healthcare laws at the federal and state level
- Health insurance regulations
- Patient privacy concerns due to negligence or cyber attacks
- Staff that doesn’t follow policies and procedures for patient care
- Common slip-and-fall or similar accidents
- Medication mix-ups
- Weather or environmental disasters
No matter if you employ just a few people or operate numerous facilities with hundreds of employees, the ability of your allied health center to provide the care your patients need can be affected by something as simple as a wet floor that causes a fall to complications from a medical procedure.
Being prepared with the right allied health provider liability insurance is as critical as the having the right medical equipment.
Heffernan Allied Health Insurance Professionals Serve:
- Urgent Care Centers
- Outpatient Surgery Center & Ambulatory Surgery Centers/Surgicenters
- Radiology & Imaging Centers
- Radiation Therapy Centers
- Dialysis Centers
- Physical Therapy Centers
- Respiratory Therapists
- Emergency Medical Personnel(EMTs & Paramedics)
- Audiologists & Speech Language Pathologists
- Specialty Clinics, such as Sleep Centers & Rehabilitation Centers
- Health System Administration & Management
- Independent Pharmacies
Advice and Insurance Options for Your Allied Health Organization
- Property and Casualty (all lines)
- Quick turnaround
- Expert advice and service
Allied Health Individual Professional Liability
- Professional and General Liability
- Real time rate, quote, bind